The Zukunftskolleg has launched a new call for “ZUKOnnect Fellowships for Scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin America”. This fellowship can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Universität Konstanz Information
Established in 1966, Universität Konstanz (University of Konstanz) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Konstanz (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Baden-Wurttemberg. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg), Universität Konstanz is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 10,000-14,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Universität Konstanz offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 53 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Obligations for visiting researchers
- You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will offer support with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz);
- You will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- You will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- You will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your
Please submit your application documents in English as PDF files via our online application portal. The reference number is 2020/232. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university) (maximum 2 pages)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer