YOTA (Youth Opportunity & Transformation in Africa) is currently accepting applications from African talented young innovators for its 2022 Youth Innovation Challenge.
The goal of the Challenge is to promote and nurture catalytic youth-led solutions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Challenge is part of the Africa Youth Partnership to Advocate for an Equitable Recovery from the COVID-19 Pandemic’s activities.
They are searching for the most outstanding young innovators from Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, and Nigeria to present their ideas and proposed solutions for solving the many issues that the COVID-19 pandemic has posed to the continent. They wish to encourage youth creativity in order to improve inclusive and equitable post-pandemic recovery initiatives.
Participants in the Youth Innovation Challenge have the opportunity to receive a variety of resources to help them put their ideas into action, including:
- Up to $5,000 USD of funding per project.
- Business development advice from top experts in the field of innovation and human-centered design.
- Access to carefully curated tools and resources to support the full cycle of youth-led innovation and human-centered design.
- Opportunity to become part of a growing community of young African innovators for ongoing learning, sharing, and networking.
- Opportunity to be supported to showcase solutions across various international multi-stakeholder platforms, processes, and convenings before the end of 2022.
Go to Youth Opportunity & Transformation in Africa(YOTA) on innovation2022.africanyouthpartnership.org to apply