Every year, the World Literacy Foundation recognizes individuals and organizations annually for their outstanding endeavours that promote literacy learning.
The World Literacy Summit is an Initiative of the World Literacy Foundation, a global non-profit organization that works to ensure every young individual regardless of geographic location has the opportunity to acquire literacy and reading skills to reach their full potential, succeed at school and beyond.
- Contribution to Literacy by an Organization: Awarded to an organization that continues to operate and provide a cutting-edge difference in literacy.
- Contribution to Literacy by an Individual: Awarded to an individual for their outstanding efforts to improve literacy.
- Contribution to Literacy by a Youth: Recognizes the efforts and actions of a young person to reduce illiteracy.
- Academic Research Recognition Awards: Presented to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution not only in literature but in their intellectual work on writing and research. Identify Academic Research papers or studies.
- Government, State, Province, City Recognition Award: Awarded to a government entity for its outstanding Government policies and improvements in literacy and education. Identify an entity for outstanding work, research, and a new program to qualify.