The University of Waterloo is pleased to announce the available of entrance scholarships for new undergraduate students enrolling to commence study in the next academic year. Interested candidates are invited to apply.
Two scholarships, valued at $10,000 each, are awarded annually to outstanding students entering first year in the Faculty of Engineering: one to a student in Mechatronics Engineering and one to a student in Computer Engineering or Systems Design Engineering.
Selection is made on the basis of academic excellence, extracurricular achievements as assessed through the Admission Information Form and the online video interview.
University of Waterloo Information
Established in 1957, University of Waterloo is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Waterloo (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Ontario. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Ontario, University of Waterloo (UW) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Waterloo (UW) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Scholarships are for Domestic (Canadian) and International prospective students.
- Students enrolling to pursue an undergraduate degree program in the field of Computer Engineering, Systems Design Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering at the university.
- Candidates must be completed a year 12 with a minimum of 70% marks or equivalent.
- An applicant must have a strong and excellence academic background.
- English Language Requirement: Candidates whose national language is not English may need to provide proof of English language proficiency by means of TOEFL or IELTS test.
As part of the requirement during application for admission, documents that will be required include academic details, language ability score or certificate scan, copy of the passport or maybe a personal information card
Interested applicants have to note first that taking admission in an undergraduate degree program at the university is an integral and important part of the scholarship application process. Candidates’ selection will be done by the selection committee which will be automatic upon admission and dependent on the information supplied on the application form.