The University of Sydney is offering Postgraduate Research International Scholarships in Australia. The study award is open for the academic session 2024/2025.
The scholarship program is designed to international students who want to pursue postgraduate research degree program at the university. It provides a living-costs stipend to support outstanding international research students.
The University of Sydney is a public research university, one of the oldest one at that, founded in 1850. As one of the country’s six sandstone universities, it is one of the best universities in Australia, consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world. The university proudly takes on the 28th rank among Best Global Universities.
Western Sydney University Information
Established in 1989, Western Sydney University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the suburban setting of the large town of Penrith (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), New South Wales. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Bankstown, Nirimba, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Liverpool City, Parramatta South, Parramatta City, Penrith, Sydney City, Sydney Olympic Park, Westmead. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Education and Training, Australia, Western Sydney University (WSU) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 40,000-44,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Western Sydney University (WSU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
The University of Sydney will provide all the following:
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees as set by the University of Sydney.
- Holders may not concurrently hold another scholarship that provides support for tuition fees.
- Stipend Scholarship:
- Holders of the scholarship who enroll full time will receive a stipend of $40,109 per annum.
- Reimbursement of up to $420 for Masters Candidates and up to $840 for Doctoral candidates for eligible claims for direct costs of producing a thesis.
- Holders may receive a concurrent award, scholarship, or salary to undertake their research degree provided such support is less than 75% of the scholarship.