The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in a full-time postgraduate programme with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2022–2023 academic year. Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases ( https://tdr.who.int/). Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of the WHO African Region are eligible to apply.
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programmes are taught in English.
Master’s Degree Scholarships (12 months full-time)
- Master’s in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
University of Ghana Information
Established in 1948, University of Ghana is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large city of Legon (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Greater Accra. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Korle-Bu, Accra City. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Accreditation Board, Ghana (National Accreditation Board, Ghana), University of Ghana (UG) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 30,000-34,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Ghana (UG) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 71 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 30-40% making this Ghanaian higher education organization a very selective institution. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
To apply for the University of Ghana (Master of Public Health Programme or Master of Science Applied Health Social Science) TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research:
- Step One (1): Click on the link and read more about the application requirement processes, then click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
- Step Two (2): Select the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”, create an account, login and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
- Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link ( https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). Be sure to select either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Health Social Science. Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Only applicants who have completed all three steps will be processed further.