The UNILAG Design Studio is a product of a collaborative effort between the University of Lagos and RICE360 Institute for Global Health Technologies, Houston, USA. The Design Studio is expected to be a Hub for raising the next generation of innovators from the University community and the general public.
The central goal of the studio is to provide easy access to state-of-the-art specialized equipment and other relevant resources for innovation. In addition, the Studio space is positioned to offer a conducive environment that encourages young talents to develop indigenous solutions using locally sourced materials
Title: RICE360 Summer Internship Programme 2022
- The RICE360 annual summer internship is focused on mobilizing teams to work towards impacting global health through collaborative team-based projects, interns in collaboration with mentors representing diverse range of Global Health expertise will utilize the engineering design process to explore Healthcare solutions.
University of Lagos Information
Founded in 1962, University of Lagos is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the metropolis of Lagos (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants). This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Idi-Araba, Yaba. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission, Nigeria, University of Lagos (UNILAG) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: over-45,000 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Lagos (UNILAG) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 57 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 10-20% making this Nigerian higher education organization a most selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
- Undergraduate / Graduate Student / Tech-enthusiast from the University of Lagos or other institutions in Nigeria (Preferably, applicants with Engineering / Sciences / Medical Sciences / Business background)
- Healthcare Innovation experience, Hands-on technical & entrepreneurial skills, flair for technology-based innovation, Creativity Acumen, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Mentality.
- Applicant(s) must be available on full-time basis from October to November 2022.
Applicant(s) must have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Technical (Rapid Prototyping with 3D Printer, CNC, Laser Cutting, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Electronic Circuit Designs, Programming, I.C.T. and AI Solutions Development, Mechanical Fabrication, Project Management etc.)
- Innovation: Healthcare Innovation experience, flair for technology-based innovation, Creativity Acumen, Critical thinking and Problem-solving mentality
- Entrepreneurship: Business orientation and start-up development, marketing and idea pitching concepts, customer engagement and interactions, e.t.c.
Go to University of Lagos on to apply
For further details, please:
- visit 3rd floor, Systems Engineering Building, Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos.
- call +2349068234368 or +2349055891717
- send email to