A number of awards are now available for international students enrolling in a degree program at Simon Fraser University to study in Canada. Most awards are targeted at new entrants and may be renewed on the basis of consistency in academic performance.
The Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards are highly competitive and available to bachelors, research masters and doctoral degree students. Scholarships are opens to both domestic and international students.
Simon Fraser University Information
Founded in 1965, Simon Fraser University is a public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Burnaby (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), British Columbia. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Vancouver, Surrey. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training, British Columbia, Simon Fraser University (SFU) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 30,000-34,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Simon Fraser University (SFU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 54 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 80-90% making this Canadian higher education organization a least selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
These are general considerations for the award of Simon Fraser University Major Entrance Awards, specific criteria are stated for each program on the scholarship page.
- Applicants can be domestic or international students.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Students must be enrolling full time in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The award is available for bachelors, masters & PhD program in various fields offered by the University.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Simon Fraser University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Go to Simon Fraser University (SFU) on sims.erp.sfu.ca to apply
As part of the application process for the entrance awards, interested applicants must first take admission into the University. Thereafter, they can proceed to apply online the scholarship programme for which they qualify for.
Students are also automatically considered for some awards at the point of admission based on their academic records.