Applications are open for the One Young World Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11. This Challenge aims to find and support solutions that make cities greener by pushing the boundaries of sustainable construction and urbanization.
The challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that:
- Deploy innovative and sustainable building materials and solutions that are affordable and scalable to enable low-carbon, circular, carbon neutral and even carbon negative cities.
- Increase access to sustainable infrastructure, from green mobility to green energy.
- Promotes sustainable lifestyles connecting nature and cities.
- Drive circular economy approaches to enable more recycling.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 to 19 May
- A US$50,000 grant from Holcim
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Holcim professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Go to One Young World on www.oneyoungworld.com to apply
Note: You cannot save draft responses for this application so it is recommended that you draft your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.