The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Each student in a Nigerian University who wins the 2023 Scholarship Award will receive Three Hundred U.S Dollars ($300). A sum of One Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($150) would be awarded to each 1st runner up. The scholarship award will be given in Naira equivalent.
Prospective applicants are advised to visit NWAG website to download an application form. Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form on or before May 31st, 2023
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following:
- Pastor or Imam
- Village Head
- Local Government Chairperson
- University Lecturer or Head of the Department.
- One Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty or School Head of your Department
- Photocopy of your current university student identification.
- A current photograph of yourself.
- An explanation of why you need and why you should receive the scholarship (Not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, doubled-spaced, two-page easy on:
“Curbing kidnapping epidemic in Nigeria: How did we get there?
In what ways can kidnapping be eradicated in Nigeria?”