The NDLEA is a federal law enforcement Agency established by Decree No. 48 of 29th December 1989.
The promulgation of the decree was chiefly in response to the rising trend in the demand for and trafficking of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances which adversely affected the international image of Nigerians and Nigeria in the 1980s.
Since then the trafficking of illicit substances has become an organised criminal activity that undermines the security and development of the country and therefore demands urgent attention and priority from the government.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for full-time appointment in the following positions below:
SUPERINTENDENT CADRE (General Duties or Specialists)
- Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics II CONPASS (08): Applicant must possess First Degree/HND in any discipline from a recognised institution of learning and NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate.
- Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I (CONPASS 9): Applicant with LL.B, BL, B.Eng (with COREN), B.Pharm, etc, on successful completion of training shall be granted the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I (CONPASS 9).
- Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10): Applicant with MBBS or DVM on successful completion of training shall be granted the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10).
NARCOTIC AGENT CADRE
Chief Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (07)
- Applicant must possess a Nigerian Certificate of Education
- Must be a Registered Nurses and Midwives, Pharmacy Technicians, Lab Technicians, Dental Technicians, or its equivalent from a recognized institution of learning.
- Senior Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (06): Applicant must possess a National Diploma (ND) or its equivalent from a recognized institution of learning.
- Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (05): Applicant must possess 5 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including English and Mathematics.
NARCOTIC ASSITANT CADRE
- Narcotic Assistant I – CONPASS (04): Applicant must possess at least 4 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including Mathematics or English Language.
- Narcotic Assistant II – CONPASS (03): Applicant must possess at least 3 credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including Mathematics or English Language.
- Artisan, Mechanic, Driver, Cleaner / Gardener etc.: Applicant must provide evidence of completion of secondary school or Trade Test Grade II or III.
Statutory Requirements for the Recruitment
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN). Also, computer literacy shall be an added advantage for all cadres.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at the time of recruitment cannot be presented subsequently for career progression in the Agency.
- Applicants must be medically fit and must produce a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
- Applicants must not be less than 20 years or more than 35 years of age for the first category while the age limit for the second and third categories is 30 years and not less than 18 years at the point of entry. However, 40 years will be considered for Medical Doctors and Articulated Vehicle Drivers.
- Applicants’ height must not be less than 1.65 metres for male and 1.60 metres for female.
- Medical and Allied professionals must possess current practising licences while Lawyers must have been called to Bar.
- Applicants must be drug free and also be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Applicants must use their personal email address and phone numbers when submitting their applications online.
Go to National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on www.ndlea.gov.ng to apply
- Go online and visit the NDLEA Web Page at, www.ndlea.gov.ng.
- Then click on Apply Now to register.
- You will be redirected to a page for the categories (select from list of categories).
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed above are uploaded
Note: Multiple applications would lead to disqualification.
- Passport Photograph.
- Educational Certificates.
- Certificate of State of Origin.
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
- National Identity Card.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.