The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have joined forces to support students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a master student from an Arab country to attend an advanced master programme at Leiden University.
Moreover, the scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Scholarship applications for the 2019/2020 academic year are open from 1 January 2019- 30 March 2019. Applications to Leiden University are processed year round. In order to the meet the March 30th deadline, applicants should apply to Leiden University no later than February 1st for the September intake.
Universiteit Leiden Information
Established in 1575, Universiteit Leiden (Leiden University) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Leiden (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), South Holland. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): The Hague. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministerie van Onderwijs, Cultuur en Wetenschap, Nederland (Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, Netherlands), Universiteit Leiden (LEI) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Universiteit Leiden (LEI) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 444 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students' past academic record and grades. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
The scholarship is open to Arab students who have been admitted into a one year Master programme at Leiden University. Students must be nationals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, and Sudan.
Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Copy of passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translations)
- Appropriately signed references from two academic referees
- Letter of acceptance from Leiden University. In order to the meet the March 30 deadline for the scholarship, applicants should apply to Leiden University no later than February 1st for the September intake.
- A detailed programme outline of the Master study the scholar intends to pursue at Leiden University (in English)
- Budget; please be thorough in completing your budget to include tuition fees (and whether you have applied to other scholarship funds) as well as necessary expenses to be incurred during the academic year. The maximum amount that may be awarded is € 30,000 for an academic year;
- Signed and dated Application Form
Please make sure to send all of the documents listed above no later than March 30, 2019 to [email protected]