KAAD Program offering scholarships for international students from developing countries (in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America) to study at a German university at master’s or PhD level. Candidates must possess German-language skills and be of Catholic-Christian denomination.
You can apply for the scholarship programme 2 of KAAD if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- are already studying at a German University and you are still studying for at least 10 months
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university (applicants for master programs may present their documents as early as during the final semester of their bachelor programs)
- are a Catholic Christian (or – particularly for candidates from the Middle East – belong to another Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
- possess German language skills (at least general communication level)
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
The selection board meets twice a year. The particular deadlines for the application can be enquired at your KHG/KSG.