With the motive of rewarding students talent in Canada, the Huron Western University is offering the International Presidential Scholarships for the academic year 2020-2021.
The programme aims to support international students who are going to enrol in the undergraduate degree programme at the university.
Western University Information
Founded in 1878, Western University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the small city of London (population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants), Ontario. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Ontario, Western University is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 30,000-34,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Western University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 141 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
- How to Apply: All the new applicants have to enrol in the undergraduate degree coursework at the university. In order to be considered for the International Presidential Scholarship, a school nomination is required.
- Supporting Documents: Submit academic transcripts and other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have the following:
- Applicants seeking admission on the basis of the General Certificate of Education (GCE) must submit three distinct Advanced Level (A-Level) or four distinct Advanced Subsidiary (AS-Level) subjects. Two AS-Level exams will be considered as equivalent to one A-Level exam.
- Students who receive a ‘B’ grade or higher on final GCE A-Level exams will receive transfer credit for those courses approved by the appropriate faculty.
- Language Requirement: Huron requires one of the following:
- TOEFL(iBT), 83, with no less than 20 on any section
- TOEFL(PBT), 500, with TWE of 5
- MELAB, 80, with no less than 78 on any section
- IELTS, 6.5, with no less than 6.0 on any section
- CAEL, 60, with no less than 60 on any section
- PTE Academic, 58, with no less than 56 on any section
Benefits: Each successful scholar will receive the award amount of $100,000 over four years to complete their education in Canada.