Want to study in Canada but worried about the costs? If so, then you must take a look at the H.Y. Louie and Lohn Entrance Award which is offering by Simon Fraser University.
The main purpose of the award is to provide financial assistance for those international students coming from high school for fall 2020 and wish to undertake a bachelor’s degree program at the university in Canada.
Established in 1962, Simon Fraser University is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada. SFU has three campuses which offer undergraduate, teacher education and graduate programs.
Why at Simon Fraser University? SFU provides opportunities to a diverse range of students including students contemplating or planning careers as school teachers, in-service teachers, and students from a variety of disciplines.
Simon Fraser University Information
Founded in 1965, Simon Fraser University is a public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Burnaby (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), British Columbia. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Vancouver, Surrey. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training, British Columbia, Simon Fraser University (SFU) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 30,000-34,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Simon Fraser University (SFU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 54 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 80-90% making this Canadian higher education organization a least selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
- How to Apply: To apply, you are obliged to take admission to the undergraduate degree program at the university and then you can download the application form and send it to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: You have to provide the following:
- Completed the Community Reference Form
- A summary of your achievements and activities demonstrating your involvement:
- provide clear, concise details about your volunteer work, school or community involvement,
- extracurricular activities, and artistic or athletic interests (500 words max)
- Admission Requirements: Students have to accomplish the admission requirements of Simon Fraser University.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
Benefits: The bursary will provide the 18 awards of $5,000 to cover the study expenses of the deserving candidates.