The scholarships granted by the Fonds de recherche du Québec aim to:
- help support new generations of students in a range of research sectors:
- natural sciences, mathematics sciences and engineering (FRQNT)
- human health (FRQS)
- humanities, social sciences, art and literature (FRQSC)
- spark the interest of new generations of students in research
- support research excellence by providing financial assistance to the best students as they undertake or pursue a master’s research program.
This particular program is designed to help citizens of other countries who hold a doctorate (Ph.D.) to further their training and broaden their interests. It is also intended to encourage these researchers to learn about new scientific environments, new research methodologies, research project management and student leadership skills, and communication skills. The FRQS expects the internship supervisor to act as a mentor in the development of the candidate’s future academic career.