Goi Peace Foundation in Japan invites applications for their 2021 International Essay Contest for Young People.
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
What is Life?”
What does life mean to you? Have you had an experience that made you think about the meaning of life? What kinds of things can you do to cherish and invigorate your own life and all life on earth?
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of March 2021) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of March 2021) and gift … 3 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
- 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
* Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2021 (Japan time) on their website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2021.
Entries may be submitted online or by postal mail.
IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page and follow the required steps.
* Since the online registration page is expected to experience high traffic towards the June 15 deadline, they suggest that you submit your essay as early as possible.
Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating
(1) your name (2) category (Children or Youth) (3) age as of June 15, 2021 (4) gender
(5) nationality (6) address (7) e-mail (8) phone number (9) school name (if applicable)
(10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
* Only one entry per person is accepted.
*A cover page template is available to download. You may also create your own cover page with all items (1)-(12) above.
* They are unable to confirm receipt of essays.