Chapters and partners of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) will host competitions at the local and national levels, which will serve as qualifying events in the competition journey to the GSEA Global Finals.
Are you a student entrepreneur ready to fast-track your success? Join the exhilarating journey of unlocking your potential with GSEA! Don't miss your chance to apply for the GSEA 2023-2024 competition season. Throughout the year, competitions will take place locally and nationally, leading up to the highly anticipated GSEA Global Finals in June. Click the link below to connect with driven entrepreneurs from around the world and expand your horizons with new opportunities and innovative ideas.
Eligibility to compete in the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards competition is at the discretion of the GSEA Management Team.
- You must be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate* student at the time of application. Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your student business. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder - studentpreneur.
- Your student business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You should not have been one of the final round competitors from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- The age cap for participation is 30 years of age.
Graduate students are eligible to apply only if they have continually enrolled in a university following their undergraduate degree and not left school to work on their business or to seek other employment. Exceptions can be made for students who have taken up to one academic year off before beginning their postgraduate education.
Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services and will vary by location.
At the Global Finals, students compete for a total prize package of US$100,000in cash and first place receives US$50,000. Second place will receive US$20,000 and third place will receive US$10,000.
How do the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards help student business owners?
- Feedback and mentorship from successful entrepreneurs.
- Refined storytelling. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about your business from our judges helps you improve your pitch skills as a student entrepreneur and enhances your ability to communicate the value proposition of your business.
- Expanded networks. You will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. You will receive local and national media attention for yourself and your business with season one of Start it up amassing 1.5 million views alone.
- Prizes.The total value of all prizes, gifts and services for all student competitors at the GSEA Global Finals is nearly half a million dollars.
Go to Entrepreneurs' Organization on webportalapp.com to apply
- Review the scheduled competitions below to find one in your city/country.
- If you do not see your city/country listed as an option, please select “Other - My Country/City is not listed.”
- Submit your application through our online portal.