The Funmi Omo Initiative (FOI) Scholarship for Young Women aims to support underserved female university students who excel in both academics and extracurriculars. Scholars get an annual scholarship (up to N1,500,000 per academic year), 1-on-1 mentoring with Mrs. Funmi Omo, and access to a high-level network of intellectual peers.
Our mission is to provide promising, young Nigerian women with quality education so that, in turn, they will have an opportunity to positively impact our society. We are looking for the brightest minds for this second edition. Make sure you put your best foot forward and complete all of the application steps with the utmost detail. The most important thing is, to be honest with your accomplishments and communicate your value clearly.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- You have gained admission to the university and can show proof of admission.
- You are between 17 – 28 years.
- You are resident in Nigeria.
- You are willing to commit to one hour of coaching, delivered online, every quarter.
- You show evidence of an excellent result (a minimum of 4.0 GPA) in the previous academic year OR you have recently gained admission and have an admission letter into the university.
- You are an active member of school-sanctioned extracurricular organizations.
- You have a functioning bank account.
1. The sum of N300,000 per student covers school fees and a discretionary allowance for upkeep.
2. Personal academic and career coaching to give you an edge in your future professional pursuits.
3. Networking with like-minded colleagues and mentors, creating a lifelong network.
1. Fill the online form using the Click Here To Apply Button Below
2. Write a cover letter stating your personal career goals and ideas for making Nigeria a better place for young women. This is your chance to present your ideas – dream big!
3. Attach your results from the previous academic year(s) and your referee information (one academic referee and one parent/guardian).