Do you think that study in the USA is an ice-breaking challenge for you? Join the Fiat Lux Scholarship at the University of California Berkeley.
The Scholarship makes a profound impact on their campus community through supporting incoming classes of freshmen who embody resilience and carry unique life experiences.
Berkeley has an overall 40,000 students in around 350 undergraduate and graduate degree programs covering several disciplines. It provides 106 Bachelor’s degrees, 88 Master’s degrees, 97 research-focused doctoral programs and 31 professionally degrees.
Why at the University of California, Berkeley? The University is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the oldest of the ten research universities affiliated with the University of California system.
University of California, Berkeley Information
Founded in 1868, University of California, Berkeley is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Berkeley (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), California. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: 40,000-44,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 151 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 10-20% making this US higher education organization a most selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
Eligible Countries: Domestic Students can apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in high school subjects offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To qualify for a scholarship, students must attend one of the partner high schools for at least three years
- S. citizen or eligible noncitizen (California Dream Act Application or hold a permanent resident card)
- California resident or eligible nonresidents (AB 540 nonresident tuition exemption)
- How to Apply: To begin the application process, applicants need to take admission to the university. There is no separate or additional application for the Fiat Lux Scholarship. All students who apply to UC Berkeley are automatically considered for the opportunity
if they are from one of the Fiat Lux partner schools.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to provide proof of their previous academic degree transcript at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to check out the admission requirement page at the university.
- Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English, as most of the programs are taught entirely in English.
Benefits: The Fiat Lux Scholarship includes a monetary award that is determined each year. Students with financial need are awarded a need-based scholarship based on an assessment of their financial need, up to the full cost of attendance.