The EUTOPIA European University Alliance is pleased to announce the opening of 16 post-doctoral fellowships under the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships Programme (EUTOPIA-SIF). Positions will start in September 2024 at EUTOPIA-SIF partner universities.
EUTOPIA-SIF fellowships offer the opportunity to high-profile young researchers to develop their research projects in the stimulating academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance. Extensive research mobility is integral to the fellowships with two compulsory secondment periods: one at another EUTOPIA university (co-host university) and one with an external academic or non-academic partner institution to foster the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, tangible research impact and innovation. Furthermore, fellows will access a rich training programme, career guidance and academic supervision.
EUTOPIA-SIF post-doctoral fellows will be recruited by one of the six EUTOPIA universities that are part of the programme — Vrije Universiteit Brussel, CY Cergy Paris University, University of Gothenburg, University of Ljubljana, Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona, The University of Warwick — based on an individual research project and the quality of their academic profile for a 24-month post-doctoral contract with highly attractive conditions. The selected candidates from the 2023/24 call will start their positions in September 2024.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel Information
Established in 1970, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Free University of Brussels) is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large city of Brussels (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants). Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Vlaams Ministerie van Onderwijs en Vorming, België (Flemish Ministry of Education and Training, Belgium), Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 49 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students' past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 20-30% making this Belgian higher education organization a very selective institution. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
MSCA COFUND EUTOPIA-SIF is a highly competitive programme offering very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development:
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of €4,349 and a supplementary budget and travel expenses.
- Entire budget academic freedom to pursue your research project in the state-of-the-art infrastructures of EUTOPIA research centres and a stimulating interdisciplinary and international academic community.
- International and intersectoral mobility through secondment periods at the fellow’s EUTOPIA-SIF co-host university and with an external secondment host, which can either be an international academic institution or a non-academic partner. More than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organisations actively support the programme, encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Extensive training programme includes transferable skills development, academic leadership, and active career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- The local environments of all EUTOPIA universities offer attractive living conditions and a high quality of life. Each university will actively support fellows and their families with mobility-related queries.