Attention all filmmakers, Encounters Film Festival is excited to announce the return of the renowned Depict Short Film Competition for 2023. If you are a creator interested in producing action content, we invite you to submit your film that is 90 seconds or less. Successful submissions could potentially be developed into web series or longer form content, creating an exceptional opportunity for filmmakers to showcase their talent on a broader scale.
- Open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free.
- Open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film, and hybrid work. We do NOT accept advertisements.
- Only films completed since January 2022 may be submitted. While we do not have a premiere policy, we positively encourage entries made specifically for Depict.
- Your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is THREE.
We’re particularly interested in submissions that encompass the following elements:
- Conflict between characters
- Energy and Pace – is the storytelling or editing pacy and energetic?
- Movement – is there dynamic camera movement (or performance i.e., dance/fight sequences, etc.)
- Character – Are there good guys and bad guys?
- Adventure – Is there a sense of adventure in the story?
Your submissions could also include action sequences such as fight scenes, chase scenes, explosions, and other thrills.
Accept the Depict challenge and tap into your creativity in just 90 seconds. Here’s what you stand to gain:
- A cash prize of up to £2,500
- Invaluable industry exposure
- Screening at the BAFTA Qualifying Encounters Festival
- A collection of other exclusive prizes