DAAD In-Country/In-Region award is intended to encourage students who wish to commence PhD and master’s degree programmes in South Africa. The grant is available for the academic year 2021/2022.
The programme is available for high-achieving applicants to pursue full-time masters and doctoral studies in Africa. The programme aims to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s program.
- Graduates and postgraduates with a master’s degree if applying for a doctoral program who wants to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
The program will cover all the following study expenses:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance (Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Health insurance (Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Deadline for applications in East Africa: 15 December 2020 and
- Deadline for applications in West Africa: 10 February 2021