The European Union (EU) has funded the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) towards strengthening resilience to climate change impacts at regional and national levels through its member states. The project is entitled “Strengthening the Resilience of the IGAD region to the Adverse Impacts of Climate Change through effective Adaptation and Mitigation Actions (RICCAMA)” and it is being implemented within eight IGAD member states.
The objective of the scholarship award is to equip theoretical and practical skills to successful candidates in:
- Background of climate change and related fields including assessments, reporting, and negotiations
- Tools and techniques for climate data analysis including developing climate change and extreme indices
- Climate change vulnerability and impacts assessment
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation assessment and reporting at various scales.
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) baseline determination, measurement, monitoring, and inventory.
- Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (MRV) systems and tools.
- Development of policy interventions to respond to climate change challenges at various levels.