Applications are invited from emerging academics taking part in conferences to apply for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grants which will enable them to share research, learn about latest developments and build valuable professional networks.
The ACU Early Career Conference Grants help to ensure that more emerging researchers and the universities that employ them can benefit from these valuable opportunities.
The Early Career Conference Grants is for academics attending both virtual and in-person conferences. The conference must take place between 1 April and 30 September 2022. Up to 40 slots is available for the ACU Early Career Conference. The grant will cover conference registration, flights, accommodation, data, visa costs and others.
To be eligible for the ACU Early Career Conference Grants 2022, applicants must:
- Be employed by an ACU member university with a job title of lecturer, post-doctoral researcher, professor, associate professor, or equivalent.
- Be within 7 years of the start of their academic (research/teaching) career.
- Not have previously travelled for work purposes (including conferences) outside their region of employment since the start of their academic career.
- Not be a previous recipient of an ACU Early Career Conference Grant (previously known as Early Career Academic Grants)
If you don’t have a MyACU account: please register here and then follow the instructions in the registration email to set up an account. You will then be able to log in to the system here to access the application form.
If you do have a MyACU account: please log in to the system here to access the application form.
Contact us: [email protected]
As part of the application form, applicants must:
- Provide details of their chosen conference, including a copy of their abstract
- State whether the conference is to be delivered virtually or in-person (for hybrid conferences, applicants must choose whether they wish to attend in-person or virtually)
- Choose the Sustainable Development Goal(s) which relate most closely to their research and describe how their research can contribute to achieving these goals (100-200 words)
- Explain the reasons for their choice of conference and how it links to their research interests (100-200 words)
- Explain how participating in the conference will benefit their career and professional development (100-200 words)
- Explain how they will share the knowledge gained by participating in the conference (100-200 words)
- Attach a detailed letter or email of support from their head of department
- If applying for an in-person conference, give a breakdown of the costs for which they are applying for funding