Scholarships.plus is seeking a Junior Financial Accountant with the ability to manage both accounting and financial reporting functions. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, financial analytical experience, exposure to the B2B and eCommerce industry, and abilities in project and people management. This position is part time and located in San Diego, CA with opportunities for growth and remote working.
· Assist monthly in closing the books and reporting results to Senior Management.
· Prepare fund accounts and reconciliations.
· Participate in budget setting and forecasting activities.
· Develop and create financial dashboards and KPIs.
· Develop additional reporting to support business understanding of company financials and overviews for business decision making.
· Work with underwriting and originations teams on cash applications, reconciliations, and report on collections and new funding.
· Contribute to monthly financial closes as well as preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
· Test operational frameworks and controls around financial reporting.
· Assist with the year-end audits.
↪ Follow Scholarships.plus on Twitter
Are you looking for Remote or Online jobs, financial aid?
We are happy to help you find best matches! Plus more!
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· 1-2 years prior work experience within the financial services field.
· Fund accounting background desired.
· Excellent task management, verbal & written communication skills, combined with efficient follow-up.
· Independent critical and creative thinking.
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under immense pressure.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel or Power BI preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of QBO preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
Please include your salary request with your resume and how you rank yourself on each of the required and desired skills, on a scale of 1-10 for each skill.
We offer a dynamic work environment with immense opportunity to grow, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision benefits, company-matched 401(k), life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, PTO and paid holidays. Criminal background checks and drug screen are required once position accepted.
Related keywords: Junior Software Developer, MySQL, PHP, React
Please send your applications to scholarships.plus [at] gmail.com